This Terms of Service Agreement (the "Agreement") is an agreement between you (the "Customer") and Visual Quoter ("Visual Quoter", "we", or "us"). Visual Quoter is providing a website platform and website content management software as a service system. The Visual Quoter website SaaS system contains proprietary software code and intellectual property software tools to enable you the customer to have a unique competitive advantage in the market.
1. What You Provide to Us
You are legally responsible for all information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages or other materials uploaded, posted or stored in connection with your use of the Services ("Content"). Visual Quoter is not responsible for your Content. You hereby grant Visual Quoter a worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive license to host and use the Content in order to provide you with the Services and hereby represent and warrant that you have all the rights necessary to grant us such license. You are responsible for any Content that may be lost or unrecoverable through your use of the Services. You are encouraged to archive your Content regularly and frequently.
2. Your Content and intellectual property
Customer owns their Domain name /s, all text, legally obtained images and video provided by you. All third party blog posts, all reviews. All Customer trademarks and service marks, logos, slogans and taglines are the property of Customer.
3. Our Software and intellectual property
All software, design of and "look and feel," layout, third party photographs, graphics, audio, video, are owned by us or other parties that have licensed their material or provided services to us, and are protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret and other intellectual property laws.If the agreement is terminated, customer will originate back to their existing website. You are responsible for maintaining a backup copy of your original site files. All Visual Quoter trademarks and service marks, logos, slogans and taglines are the property of Visual Quoter. All other trademarks, service marks, logos, slogans and taglines are the property of their respective owners. Except as otherwise specifically provided herein, nothing should be construed as granting any license or right to written permission, or the express written permission of such third-party that may own the trademark, service marks, logos, slogans or taglines displayed on Visual Quoter without our express written consent.
4. Rights to Use our software and intellectual property
Subject to this Agreement, Visual Quoter hereby grants you a limited, revocable, non-transferable and non-exclusive license to use the Materials through a Customer identification reference provided by Visual Quoter ("Customer ID") to the extent, and only to the extent, necessary to access and use the Services in accordance with the terms of this Agreement. This license does not permit you, and you agree not to: store, copy, reproduce, republish, modify, upload, post, translate, scrape, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute, transfer, transmit, display, decompile, reverse engineer, reverse assemble, decipher or otherwise attempt to discover any programming code or any source code used in or with the Materials or otherwise distribute in any way the Materials other than as specifically permitted in this Agreement. You may not sell, assign, sublicense, grant a security interest in or otherwise attempt to transfer any right in the Materials, create derivative works based on or in any manner commercially exploit the Materials, in whole or in part, other than as expressly permitted in this Agreement. Any use of the Materials for any purpose other than as specifically permitted herein or without our prior consent or the prior written consent of our licensors, as applicable, is expressly prohibited. We reserve all rights not expressly granted in this Agreement.
We will provide you one Customer ID for each account held by you, thereby permitting you access to the Materials on one computer at a time through the Site. You agree to fully and accurately provide the information requested by us when setting up your accounts and to regularly update such information. Your failure to do so may result in the cancellation of your account and loss of Services. You further agree (a) not to provide Customer IDs to anyone who is not your employee, and (b) to ensure all individuals permitted to use the Customer IDs are aware of and have agreed in writing to comply with the terms of this Agreement.
As part of the Services, we may provide you a sample website which may be populated with sample content provided by us to illustrate how your final site might look ("Sample Content"). You agree that you will not make this Sample Content publicly available and that you will remove all Sample Content from your site before permitting any third party Customers to access or view your site.
5. Giving Us Access to Other Accounts and Services
Some of our Services (i.e. Google+, Yahoo local, Bing local, Yelp, Citysearch) may require you to give us access to or require you to provide login information and password information for accounts or services you may have with third party providers. When you provide this information to us or give us access to these third party accounts you agree that you have read all contracts and written agreements governing such access, login information and passwords and that you have all the necessary contractual and legal rights to give us such access, login information and passwords. In many cases we need to create, edit, manage, maintain, and delete, your profiles, content, listings on these third party services and website. You agree by providing us with the username and password to these accounts that we are acting as agents of you and you authorize us to make any additions, changes, and amendments to all information within these third party sites.
6. Monitoring What You Provide Us
Visual Quoter may, but has no obligation to, monitor Content on the Site or websites created using our Services.We may disclose any information necessary or appropriate to satisfy our legal obligations, protect Visual Quoter or its customers, or operate the Services properly. Visual Quoter, in its sole discretion, may refuse to post, remove, or require you to remove, any Content, in whole or in part, alleged to be unacceptable, undesirable, inappropriate, or in violation of this Agreement. Visual Quoter may, in its discretion, also require you to place all or any portion of the Content behind password protection.If Visual Quoter has requested Content be placed or has placed Content behind password protection, you may not publish the password or similar information in any way that limits the effectiveness of the password. If Visual Quoter requests that you place any Content behind password protection and you fail to do so promptly, Visual Quoter may (a) place such Content behind password protection itself, or (b) immediately terminate this Agreement.
You agree to all of the following:
- c. You will not use the Services or Materials for any unlawful purposes or to conduct any unlawful activity.
- d. You will not use the Services or Materials if you are located in a country embargoed by the U.S., or are on the U.S. Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated Nationals.
- e. You will not use the Services or Materials to impersonate another person.
- g. You may not send unsolicited messages (also known as junk mail or SPAM) to promote any website published on the Site.
- h. You may not upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available or initiate any Content that contains software viruses, worms, Trojan horses or any other computer code, files or programs that interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of the Services or the Materials or that may impact the ability of any Visual Quoter Customer to access the Services. You will not access the Services through automated methods. The Services may only be used or accessed through an electronic device through manual control at all times.
- k. You may not send messages using the Services which do not correctly identify the sender and you may not alter the attribution of origin in electronic mail messages or postings.
- l. You will not share your password, let anyone else access your account, or do anything that might jeopardize the security of your account. You will not attempt to or actually access the Services or Materials by any means other than through the interfaces provided by Visual Quoter.
- m. You will not attempt to or actually override any security component included in or underlying the Materials or Services.
- n. You will not attempt or engage in any action that directly or indirectly interferes with the proper working of or places an unreasonable load on Visual Quoter's infrastructure.
- You will not publish Content, or links to Content, that is:
- Pornographic, sexually explicit, or violent.
- Illegal (including stolen copyrighted material and material that infringes or has the potential to infringe the intellectual property rights of another).
- Reasonably likely to cause harm, or that could be reasonably considered as slanderous or libelous.
- Breaches another's privacy.
- You will not publishContent that is spam, is machine- or randomly-generated, and/or contains unethical or unwanted commercial content designed to drive traffic to third party sites or boost the search engine rankings of third party sites, or to further unlawful acts (such as phishing), or mislead recipients as to the source of the material (such as spoofing).
- You verify that your country of residence is the same as your billing address.
8. Selling through Visual Quoter's website system
- You may not offer or sell illegal or potentially illegal Commercial Products, including those that are counterfeited, stolen or fraudulent. Commercial Products sold using the Services must comply with all applicable laws, including Commercial Products sold to individuals outside of the U.S. Items identified as "not for distribution within the United States" may not be sold using the Services.
- You may not offer or sell Commercial Products that infringe or have the potential to infringe the intellectual property rights or proprietary rights of another.
- You may not offer or sell any Commercial Products that we, in our discretion, determine are inappropriate, offensive, pornographic, sexually explicit or violent.
- You may not offer or sell any Commercial Products that are manufactured as, or primarily intended to be used as, weapons, including firearms, restricted devices or ammunition. We reserve the right to determine, in our sole discretion, whether Commercial Products constitutes "weapons" for purposes of this Agreement.
- You may not offer or sell any Commercial Products that infringe upon or have the potential to infringe upon an individual's privacy or that may be libelous, slanderous or otherwise defamatory.
- You may not use images or names of any third party when offering or selling Commercial Products without first obtaining that third party's permission.
You take full responsibility for all taxes and fees of any nature associated with Services, including any sales tax related to the purchase or sale of Commercial Products. Except for collecting EU VAT and remitting it to the EU, Visual Quoter shall not be liable for any taxes or other fees to be paid in accordance with or related to the Commercial Products. When purchasing or selling Commercial Products, it is your responsibility to determine whether or not sales taxes apply to a transaction and to collect, report and remit the correct amounts to the appropriate authority. Any tools provided as Materials or in connection with the Services indicating estimated taxes due are for illustration purposes only. You take full responsibility for all taxes and fees of any nature associated with Services, including any sales tax related to the purchase or sale of Commercial Products. Visual Quoter is required to collect Value Added Tax of the European Union ("EU VAT") from non-taxable EU customers, therefore, EU VAT shall be charged to these customers on top of our Fees
- Services may be terminated by us, without cause, at any time.
- Visual Quoter may terminate Services at any time, without penalty and without notice, if you fail to comply with any of the terms of this Agreement or the intellectual property protections applicable to these Services.
- Notice of termination of Services by Visual Quoter may be sent to the contact e-mail associated with your account. Upon termination, Visual Quoter has the right to delete all data, files, or other information that is stored in your account.
12. ERRORS AND ACCESS TO SITE
YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACCURACY AND APPROPRIATENESS OF ALL DATA AND CONTENT WITHIN YOUR WEBSITE; INCLUDING SALES TAX CALCULATIONS, PRODUCT PRICING, AND PRODUCT DESCRIPTIONS, SHIPPING CHARGES, CONTACT INFORMATION, EMAIL COMMUNICATIONS, AND ELECTRONIC PAYMENT PROCESSING. Visual Quoter WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR INACCURATE INFORMATION AND ANY POTENTIAL DAMAGES CAUSED BY SUCH INACCURACIES. YOU FURTHER UNDERSTAND THAT Visual Quoter MAY NOT MAINTAIN COPIES OF FILES OR DOCUMENTS THAT ARE SENT BY YOU AND THAT YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR BACKING UP THIS DATA.
13. Links to Third Party Websites; No Implied Endorsement
The Site may contain links to other web sites owned by third parties. Please note that when you click on any of these links, you are entering another website for which we have no responsibility or control.You agree that we shall not be responsible for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as a result of any such links or as the result of the presence of such links on the Site.In no event shall any reference to any third party, third party website or third party product or service be construed as an approval or endorsement by us of that third party, third party website or of any product or service provided by a third party.
14. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY
THE SITE, SERVICES AND MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS," "AS AVAILABLE," "WITH ALL FAULTS" AND WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, Visual Quoter AND ITS LICENSORS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTIBILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER Visual Quoter NOR ITS LICENSORS WARRANT THAT ACCESS TO THE SITE, THE MATERIALS AND/OR THE SERVICES AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT DEFECTS, IF ANY, WILL BE CORRECTED; NOR DOES Visual Quoter OR ITS LICENSORS MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, CURRENCY, QUALITY, COMPLETENESS, USEFULNESS, PERFORMANCE, SECURITY, LEGALITY OR SUITABILITY OF THE SERVICES, THE MATERIALS OR THE SITE.YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOU'RE USE OF THE SITE AND YOUR RELIANCE UPON THE SERVICES AND/OR THE MATERIALS IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. IN ADDITION, Visual Quoter IS NOT RESPONSIBLE, AND MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES FOR THE DELIVERY OF ANY MESSAGES (SUCH AS EMAILS, POSTING OF ANSWERS OR TRANSMISSION OF ANY OTHER CUSTOMER GENERATED CONTENT) SENT THROUGH THE SITE TO ANYONE.
IN ADDITION, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT ANY DATA, INFORMATION, CONTENT OR MATERIALS CONTAINED IN OR MADE AVAILABLE IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICES IS NOT INTENDED AS A SUBSTITUTE FOR, THE KNOWLEDGE, EXPERTISE, SKILL AND JUDGMENT TAX, LEGAL OR OTHER PROFESSIONALS. THE SERVICES DO NOT PROVIDE TAX OR LEGAL ADVICE. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR OBTAINING SUCH ADVICE.
FURTHER, Visual Quoter AND ITS LICENSORS MAKE NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTIES THAT THE SERVICES OR THE MATERIALS OR THE SITE ARE APPROPRIATE OR AVAILABLE FOR USE IN ALL GEOGRAPHIC LOCATIONS. IF YOU USE THE SITE, THE SERVICES OR THE MATERIALS OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR COMPLIANCE WITH ALL APPLICABLE LAWS, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION EXPORT AND IMPORT REGULATIONS OF OTHER COUNTRIES. NEITHER Visual Quoter NOR ANY THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS, PARTNERS OR AFFILIATES WARRANT THAT THE SITE, IT'S SERVERS THE MATERIALS OR THE SERVICES OR ANY E-MAIL SENT FROM THE SITE OR ANY THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS, PARTNERS OR AFFILIATES ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
THIS AGREEMENT APPLIES SOLELY TO THE SITE. AS PART OF THE SERVICES PROVIDED TO OTHER Visual Quoter CUSTOMERS, WE HOST WEBSITES FOR CERTAIN THIRD PARTIES ("THIRD PARTY SITES"). THIRD PARTY SITES INCLUDE CONTENT GENERATED BY THIRD PARTIES AND ARE NOT UNDER THE MANAGEMENT AND CONTROL OF Visual Quoter. Visual Quoter IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR SUCH THIRD PARTY SITES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE ACCURACY, SUFFICIENCY, CORRECTNESS, RELIABILITY, VERACITY, COMPLETENESS OR TIMELINESS THEREOF, ANY LINK CONTAINED THEREIN, OR ANY CHANGES OR UPDATES THERETO, OR ANY GOODS OR SERVICES SOLD THEREON. YOUR ACCESS OR USE OF ANY THIRD PARTY SITE IS GOVERNED BY THE TERMS APPLICABLE TO SUCH THIRD PARTY SITE. THE HOSTING OF ANY THIRD PARTY SITE BY Visual Quoter DOES NOT IMPLY AN ENDORSEMENT THEREOF BY Visual Quoter, OR OF THE PROVIDER OF SUCH CONTENT OR SERVICES, OF ANY THIRD PARTY SITE.
15. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
WE ARE NOT LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT OR SPECIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY PERSONAL INJURY, LOST PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF PROGRAMS OR OTHER DATA ON YOUR COMPUTER OR OTHERWISE) ARISING FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH USE OF THE SITE, THE SERVICES, THE MATERIALS, YOUR CONTENT, THE COMMERCIAL PRODUCTS OR ANY THIRD PARTY CUSTOMER GENERATED CONTENT AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THE SITE, WHETHER UNDER A THEORY OF BREACH OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, MALPRACTICE OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF Visual Quoter HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. YOU HEREBY RELEASE Visual Quoter AND HOLD Visual Quoter AND ITS PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, LICENSORS, AND THEIR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, TRUSTEES, AFFILIATES, SUBCONTRACTORS, AGENTS AND EMPLOYEES, HARMLESS FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, DEMANDS, AND DAMAGES OF EVERY KIND AND NATURE (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ACTUAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL), KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, SUSPECTED AND UNSUSPECTED, DISCLOSED AND UNDISCLOSED, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THE USE OF THE SERVICES, MATERIALS, SITE, YOUR CONTENT, COMMERCIAL PRODUCTS OR ANY THIRD PARTY CUSTOMER GENERATED CONTENT AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGHTHE SITE. YOU HEREBY WAIVE THE PROVISIONS OF ANY STATE OR LOCAL LAW LIMITING OR PROHIBITING A GENERAL RELEASE.
16. EXCLUSIVE REMEDY
IN THE EVENT OF ANY PROBLEM WITH THE SITE, THE SERVICES, THE MATERIALS, YOU AGREE THAT YOU'RE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IS TO CEASE USING THE SITE, THE SERVICES AND THE MATERIALS.UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL Visual Quoter, ITS AFFILIATES, OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE IN ANY WAY FOR YOUR USE OF THE SITE, THE SERVICES, THE MATERIALS, YOUR CONTENT, THE COMMERCIAL PRODUCTS OR THIRD PARTY CUSTOMER GENERATED CONTENT AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THE SITE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS, ANY INFRINGEMENT OF THE INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS OR OTHER RIGHTS OF THIRD PARTIES, OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF, OR RELATED TO, THE USE OF THE SITE, THE SERVICES, THE MATERIALS, YOUR CONTENT, THE COMMERCIAL PRODUCTS OR ANY THIRD PARTY CUSTOMER GENERATED CONTENT AVAILBALE ON OR THROUGH THE SITE. Certain states and/or jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties or limitation of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the exclusions set forth above may not apply to you.
We may modify, replace, refuse access to, suspend or discontinue the Services, partially or entirely, or add, change and modify prices for all or part of the Services for you or for all our Customers at any time and in our sole discretion. All of these changes shall be effective upon their posting on the Site or by direct communication to you unless otherwise noted. We further reserve the right to withhold, remove and or discard any content available as part of your account, with or without notice if deemed by us to be contrary to this Agreement. For avoidance of doubt, Visual Quoter has no obligation to store, maintain or provide you a copy of any content that you or other Customers provide when using the Services.
You agree to indemnify, hold harmless, and defend Visual Quoter and its licensors, suppliers, officers, directors, employees, agents, affiliates, subsidiaries, successors and assigns (collectively "Indemnified Parties") from and against any and all liability, loss, claim, damages, expense, or costs (including but not limited to attorneys' fees), incurred by or made against the Indemnified Parties in connection with any claim arising from or related to (i) your use (or anyone using your account's) use of the Services, the Site orthe Materials, (ii) your Content, or (iii) any Commercial Products you offer on or through the Site or using our Services. This includes, but is not limited to, any breach or violation of this Agreement by you or anyone utilizing your account. You agree to fully cooperate at your expense as reasonably required by an Indemnified Party. Each Indemnified Party may, at its election, assume the defense and control of any matter for which it is indemnified hereunder. You shall not settle any matter involving an Indemnified Party without the consent of the applicable Indemnified Party.
We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to modify or replace any part of this Agreement at any time. It is your responsibility to check this Agreement periodically for changes.Your continued use of or access to the Services following the posting of any changes to this Agreement constitutes acceptance of those changes. We may also, in the future, offer new services and/or features through Site (including, the release of new tools and resources). Such new features and/or services shall be subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
The formation, interpretation and performance of this Agreement and any disputes arising out of it shall be governed by the substantive and procedural laws of the state of Illinois without regard to its rules on conflicts or choice of law and, to the extent applicable, the laws of the United States of America. The exclusive jurisdiction and venue for actions related to the subject matter hereof shall be the state and federal courts located in Cook County Illinois, and you hereby submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts. You hereby waive any right to a jury trial in any proceeding arising out of or related to this Agreement.The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods does not apply to this Agreement.
You acknowledge that a violation or attempted violation of any of this Agreement will cause such damage to Visual Quoter as will be irreparable, the exact amount of which would be impossible to ascertain and for which there will be no adequate remedy at law. Accordingly, you agree that Visual Quoter shall be entitled as a matter of right to an injunction issued by any court of competent jurisdiction, restraining such violation or attempted violation of these terms and conditions by you, or your affiliates, partners, or agents, as well as to recover from you any and all costs and expenses sustained or incurred by Visual Quoter in obtaining such an injunction, including, without limitation, reasonable attorney's fees. You agree that no bond or other security shall be required in connection with such injunction. In no event shall you be entitled to rescission, injunctive or other equitable relief, or to enjoin or restrain the operation of Visual Quoter, the exploitation of any advertising or other materials issued in connection therewith, or the exploitation of the Site or any content used or displayed through the Site.
23. Terms You Must Post on Your Site
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Visual Quoter and its licensors, suppliers, officers, directors, employees, agents, affiliates, subsidiaries, successors and assigns from and against any and all liability, loss, claim, damages, expense or cost (including but not limited to attorneys' fees), arising from or related to the use of, access to, interaction with or reliance upon, your Hosted Site, including the purchase, sale or other distribution of Commercial Products.
- If any portion of this Agreement is found to be unenforceable, the remaining portion will remain in full force and effect.
- If we fail to enforce any of this Agreement, it will not be considered a waiver.
- Any amendment to or waiver of this Agreement must be made in writing and signed by us.
- You will not transfer any of your rights or obligations under this Agreement to anyone else without our prior written consent.
- All of our rights and obligations under this Agreement are freely assignable by us in connection with a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets, or by operation of law or otherwise.
- This Agreement does not confer any third party beneficiary rights.
- A printed version of this Agreement and of any related notice given in electronic form shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to this Agreement to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form.